Korean Stone Art Museum
Business InquiriesIn-sun Lee
Address66, Daesagwan-ro 13-gil, Seoul 02822, Korea
Phone82 2 986 1001
Fax82 2 986 3600
The Korean Stone Art Museum is located in Seongbuk-dong, a beautiful district surrounded by Bugaksan Mountain and the historic Seoul City Wall. The Museum, consisting of 6 exhibition halls including an outdoor exhibition garden, is a place where tradition and modernism come together in harmony.
The Museum also has an art café, displaying embroidery works created by Korean women. Plus, the special Exhibition hall showcases artworks created of Korea’s most famous modern and contemporary artists. The highlight of the museum is its outdoor exhibition garden, which boasts a panoramic view of Seoul and features a variety of stone sculptures standing among wild flowers. Visitors can enjoy this natural atmosphere while strolling through the statues.
- From Incheon Int’l Airport: 60~70 Minutes
- Subway Station: Hansung Univ. Station(Subway Line Number 4) Exit. 6 - Bus02(5~10 min.)
Nearby Hotels and Attractions
- Within 5km: Four seasons hotel Seoul, Koreana hotel, JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, The Westin Chosun Seoul, Lotte hotel Seoul, The PLAZA Seoul
- Streets: : Insa-dong, Samcheongdong-gil Road, Daehangno Street(University Street)
- Shopping : Shinsegae department store, Lotte department store, Dongdaemun shipping town, Dongwha Duty Free, SM Duty Free
- Historical and cultural sites: Gwanghwamun Square, Gyeongbokgung Palace, Changdeokgung Palace and Huwon(UNESCO World Heritage), National Folk Museum of Korea Children’s Museum, National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul[MMCA Seoul], Seoul Museum of History, National Museum of Korean Contemporary History, Sejong Center, DDP, Samcheonggak, Gilsangsa Temple, Korea Furniture Museum
- Others: Bugak Skyway Palgakjeong Pavilion, Jeongneung Royal Tomb(UNESCO World Heritage)
Name of Hall
Café, displaying embroidery works (indoor)
Special Exhibition hall (indoor)
|The top of stone garden (outdoor)||Stone Garden||110||50||X|
- 2016 World Bank, Korea Green Innovation Days, Seoul
- 2016 NPKI(New Physics @Korea Institute) banquet
- 2016 Korea & Vietnam Cultural Exchange Association, Business agreement & VIP banquet
- 2016 Pusan Newport International Terminal (A member of the PSA Group) AFSKR banquet
- 2016 ASTC board member banquet (Doosan engine)
- 2017 The 60th Anniversary of Seoul South Rotary Club
- 2017 Asian Neuro-ophthalmology Society Meeting
- 2017 The 16th SIBAC Annual Meeting
- The First Stone Art Museum in Korea.
- Wonderful Roof Top overlooks Seoul at a glance.
- To be able to enjoy Korean traditional stone artifacts, embroidery, modern paintings and outdoor garden at once.
- To be able to feel the beauty of four distinct seasons with various trees and wild flowers.